St James E-News
13th January 2023
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest news and events at the school
Latest Headteachers Blog
Dear Parents and Carers,
We are delighted to announce that we are once again providing the children with meals that have been cooked on site. We welcome Emma, our new Twelve15 cook and Chloe, (mum to Josh in Y3) her assistant.
The children are really enjoying the delicious meals that are being prepared and the return of the salad bar too.
Congratulations to Annabel in Year 6 and her elder brother, Will on their amazing success in the Cadet Australian Nationals and World Championships in Melbourne during the holidays. Please see the information about the results below. Well done Annabel and Will!
Best wishes for a lovely weekend,
- Sailing Success Down Under - Annabelle in Year 6 had a fantastic few weeks in Australia sailing with her elder brother, Will in the Cadet Australian Nationals and World Championships. They won the Australian Nationals event, a series of 10 races over 5 days, and after Christmas they came second in the Worlds event (12 races over 6 days, with one day having 3 races!). She showed great bravery and resilience as sometimes the conditions were tough for a Frensham Pond sailor: high winds and big waves! Read about the events here: Yachts and Yachting Magazine and The Farnham Herald
- School Uniform - we would like to remind parents that we have a strict school uniform policy at St James Primary School. Unless children have a PE day, are visiting the common or taking part in Forest School they are expected to wear the formal school uniform as described in our Parent Handbook and on our website. Please click here for a reminder of what they should be wearing. School staff will be contacting specific parents directly if the policy is not being followed.
- Applications for Reception 2023 - the closing date for Reception applications for September 2023 entry is 15th January. Please apply online via https://www.eadmissions.org.uk/eAdmissions/app. Parents can also request a paper application form or seek impartial help in completing an application via the Surrey Schools & Childcare Service (0300 200 1004, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm). Full information is available on Surrey's website at www.surreycc.gov.uk/primaryadmissions
- School Clubs - the school club registers are now available on the Parent Portal. Please check to see which clubs your child has been accepted for. Clubs begin next week and finish week commencing 13th March. If your child is allocated a place in a club, they are expected to attend for the agreed sessions. A register will be taken and it is important that you inform the school office if they cannot attend for any reason.
- Sickness in School - we continue to ask you to help us minimise the spread of illness by only sending your child to school if they are well. If your child has a stomach bug, please ensure that they do not return to school until 48 hours (2 days) after the last episode of either sickness or diarrhoea as they will still be infectious.
- Additional Financial Support for Families - We are aware that some families may be experiencing additional financial challenges at the moment. If you are in this situation, we may be able to help you access some financial support. You can email our Home School Link Worker Helen Owen - email@example.com with regards to this. Parents can also check to see if their children have become entitled to Free School Meals, this not only means that school meals are free for qualifying children in KS2 (Years 3-6), it can also provide additional funding for the school to support those children until they move to Secondary School. Please speak to the school office, in confidence, if you think you may qualify, regardless of which year your child is in. FSM claim forms can be found here.
- Drop in sessions with our Home School Link Worker, Helen Owen - The role of the Home School Link Worker (HSLW) is to support families with a range of issues at home or at school. 1:1 sessions are available on Wednesdays. To book an appointment, email Helen on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the school office to request a call back.
Letters This Week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Whole school
Please click on the link below to find out the latest news from the PTA. Including information about the PTA Children's Disco!
Blog of the Week: Click on the picture below to find out about Little Ducks and The Troll.
Click below to view all the latest News Blogs:
Dates For Your Diary
View the school calendar for the latest information
View this week's school menu
School Policy on Granting Leave of Absence
Please see latest from our advertising hub: