St James E-News
13th May 2021
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest goings on at the school.
Latest Headteachers Blog
As a school we have been planning the rest of this term and are really excited to be able to offer a mixture of activities. It is great news that Y6 will be going on their residential trip to Marchants Hill straight after half-term and Y5 will be visiting Chichester Harbour for a day of sailing and water-based activities in July. We are also preparing to open the swimming pool with the financial support of the PTA and all the classes will be receiving some form of swimming tuition from our swimming teacher, Fee.
We have provisionally booked the 16th July for a whole school Sports Day and further details will follow as we would like you to join us! This event is dependent on the government guidance at the time, but if parents can't come into school we will still hold the Sports Day for the children. We are also planning some end of term activities for Y6 so that we can say goodbye to them properly.
Next week we will go to church for the first time in over the year, but not as a whole school. We will be celebrating Pentecost and this seems very fitting that we return to the church now, as Pentecost is sometimes regarded as the birthday of the Christian Church. Reverend Hannah has been coming into school this term to deliver outdoor school worship, but I know she is looking forward to welcoming the children to the church for the first time since her appointment as Rector.
Finally, the PTA have also been planning events for this term so please do look at the PTA news. We are very hopeful we can hold a summer fair this year, again depending on government guidance, and welcome everyone back to the school.
All we need is for the weather to decide it's almost summer!
Best wishes for a lovely weekend,
- Re-opening The Swimming Pool - we are planning for the re-opening of our lovely pool after half-term. Our swimming instructor, Fee, needs to group the children according to their swimming ability. Please look at the Swimming Ability form on our parent portal and complete and return it to the school office as soon as possible and by Friday 21st May at the latest. A paper copy of the form can be obtained from the school office upon request.
- Lollipops Baby and Toddler Group - is still an active community in spite of the current restrictions. Please see their details on the Advertising Hub which you can access by clicking on the link further down this page.
- Families Magazine - Please click on the picture below to access the May/June issue of the Families magazine, filled with interesting articles and information about children's activities.
- Please remember; if your child or a member of your family have Covid-19 symptoms please do not send your child to school - Please immediately arrange a test for the symptomatic member of your family and inform the school office as soon as possible. Your child and all members of your household will need to self-isolate at least until you receive the test result.
- Weekend Results: It is very important that you continue to notify us of Covid-19 test results still over the weekend by using the below email address which is monitored out of school hours.
A negative result will require a confirmation from the school before your child and siblings can return to school. Please do not send your child back to school until we have been in touch with you.
Letters this week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Whole school
The PTA News is back! Please click on the link below to find out all about activities planned for later this year.
Blog of the Week: Click on the picture below to see what Penguins have been learning about Ramadan
Click below to view all the latest News Blogs:
Dates for your diary
View the school calendar for the latest information
Please see latest from our advertising hub:
View this weeks school meals menu: