St James E-News
4th February 2021
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest goings on at the school.
Latest Headteachers Blog
I would like to thank our anonymous donors who have very kindly left a few devices at the front desk over the last week. We have already reformatted them and handed them out to a number of families across the village. We are also starting to loan out our new chrome books from the DfE and another anonymous donor. Elstead is a very generous village and your support at this difficult time is very much appreciated.
On 4th March we will be celebrating World Book Day again, this time as a virtual event. There will be online story reading sessions and lots of activities, we will give you further information nearer the time, but if your child would like to wear their PJs and snuggle up with a book, or their favourite book character costume we'd love to see some pictures on the day!
Best wishes for a lovely weekend,
- Term Dates 2021-2022 - the term dates for September 2021 to July 2022 have now been published on the Term Dates page on our website. Please note that we have only been able to confirm one INSET day so far, on Wednesday 1st September 2021. It is also possible that Thursday 2nd September will be an INSET day, we will confirm the rest of the dates as soon as we are able.
- Advertising Hub - we would just like to remind parents about our Advertising Hub which we use to advertise events and activities which parents may find useful for their children. The most recent additions include free instrument demonstrations by Surrey Arts and half term activities for key worker and vulnerable children. Please scroll down this page to find the direct link to the hub to learn more.
- INSET Day 26th February - there will be no remote learning provided on this day but the school will still be open for onsite learning for those who are booked in. This can be checked on Scopay in the usual way.
- CHANCE TO SHARE TALENTS - Click here to remind yourself of the details, deadline is 12th February!
- Introducing Ollee - Ollee is a digital friend for children aged 8-11, created by Parent Zone and funded by BBC Children in Need’s A Million & Me initiative, which aims to make a difference to children’s emotional wellbeing.
It’s designed to help children reflect on how they feel and to process their experiences with the support and help of their parents and carers – and it does this by offering them advice about a range of subjects: school, family, friends, their body, the internet and the world. We have put a family worksheet on the Parent Portal and you can click on the image below to find out more on the Parent Zone website.
Letters this week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Whole school
- Key Stage 2 classes (Y3 to Y6)
Please see latest from our advertising hub:
View this weeks school meals menu: