ST JAMES E-NEWS
10th September 2020Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest goings on at the school.
Latest Headteachers Blog
I'd like to personally thank you for being so supportive with our arrangements for the children's return to school. The start of term has been very positive and the school is full of the sound of happy, engaged children which has been so lovely to hear after five months.
We have listened to your feedback about drop-off times in particular and have tweaked these so that there will now be a window of 15 minutes for you to drop off your child, please ensure you social distance with other families when on site and leaving the school. Please refer to the letter on the Parent Portal for more information.
We understand parking outside the school is challenging so we hope that the change in times will be helpful, but please can we remind you to park considerately on the roads around the school.
Have a lovely weekend!
- Medication If your child needs to receive medication, such as an asthma inhaler, in school please make sure that you bring the medication in to the office with a completed medication form. Medication forms are available on the school website in Downloadable Forms.
- School App Download our school app if you haven't already. Full details in the letter in the Parent portal.
- App alerts Please remember to update the channel in the app to ensure that you receive the correct alerts. Please see the letter in the portal explaining how to do this.
- Returning Books We now have a quarantine box in the area outside the school office for parents to return the books that they used during lock down. Please put the books you are returning into a clearly named plastic bag.
- Additional Support As the children are coming back to school we are aware that many families will have experienced stress and difficulties over the past 6 months. This could be relating to a number of things such as ill health, challenges with parenting, relationships, redundancy, finances etc. Helen Owen, our Home School Link Worker, is available for you to contact her to discuss the support we can offer and/or signpost you to other services. Her email address is email@example.com or you can leave a message via the school office.
Letters This Week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area
- Whole school
Blog of the Week: Click on the picture below to see what our new Penguins have been doing this week.
Click below to view all the latest News Blogs:View Recent Blogs
Click below to see the Weekly Menu