St James E-News
10th June 2021
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest goings on at the school.
Latest Headteachers Blog
As we start the last half-term of an extraordinary school year, we hope to be able to reinstate some of the traditional summer term school events. As always, we will follow government guidance but we plan to host the PTA Summer Fair on 10th July and Sports day on 16th July. Y6 are currently on their residential stay at Marchant's Hill near Hindhead, and all the children have resumed their swimming lessons after a one-year break.
We have had a number of enquiries about the current school meals provision, as you know Michelle left us as lead school cook before half-term and we have since been in discussions with our caterers, Twelve15, about our school meals. Our meals are currently being prepared at another school site and then delivered here to be served. This is because Twelve15 are not able to immediately provide a replacement cook. School staff are monitoring the quality of the food, which so far has been good, but I know that some of you have raised issues about the balance of the current menu and the lack of a third option. I am meeting Twelve15 next week to discuss these issues and progress towards supplying a replacement school cook. I have made it clear to the caterers that we need to reach a satisfactory level of service, otherwise we will have to look at alternatives. Thank you to those parents who contributed to Michelle's leaving collection.
Finally, as I have previously written, Heidi Gunner who is our bursar is sadly leaving us at the end of this month. If someone you know is interested in the role, please look at further details on our website or eteach. If you know anyone who is interested in applying, we strongly advise that candidates come and visit the school in advance of applying.
- NEW COVID-19 INFORMATION FROM PHE - In response to the transmission of variants of concern, Public Health England (PHE) South East, is advising all close contacts of COVID-19 cases to get a COVID-19 PCR test (ideally 5 days after exposure or day five of isolation) whether or not they have symptoms of coronavirus COVID-19.
- Sun Hats and Sun Cream - now that the warmer weather is here, please ensure that your child has a sun hat or cap and has sun cream applied every day.
- Rucksacks - from Monday, 14th June children may bring named rucksacks in to school to contain swimming kit, sun hat, sun cream and water bottle, please make sure that every item is also named. Please note that we are still not allowing toys in school. Kestrels and Eagles must ensure that the rucksacks are small enough to fit inside their lockers.
- Please remember; if your child or a member of your family have Covid-19 symptoms please do not send your child to school - Please immediately arrange a test for the symptomatic member of your family and inform the school office as soon as possible. Your child and all members of your household will need to self-isolate at least until you receive the test result.
- Weekend Results: It is very important that you continue to notify us of Covid-19 test results still over the weekend by using the below email address which is monitored out of school hours.
A negative result will require a confirmation from the school before your child and siblings can return to school. Please do not send your child back to school until we have been in touch with you.
Letters this week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Whole school
PTA NewsPlease click on the link below to find out about activities planned for next week and the rest of the summer term.
Blog of the Week: Click on the picture below to learn about Robins' tennis lessons.
Click below to view all the latest News Blogs:
Dates for your diary
View the school calendar for the latest information
Please see latest from our advertising hub:
View this weeks school meals menu: