St James E-News
9th September 2021
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest goings on at the school.
Latest Headteachers Blog
Preparations are taking place for our Open Morning on Friday 8th October, this will provide an opportunity for any prospective parents to come and view our school. We also plan to resume our Open Classrooms, allowing you, our current parents to view the work that your children have completed so far this year. Look out for further news about these.
Y2 and Y3 had their virtual class meetings via Teams this week and dates and times for the rest of the meetings are listed in the School Notices below. During these meetings your child's class teacher will communicate information regarding routines and events this term, including PE days etc. If you are unable to attend the virtual meetings they will be recorded and available online and if you have questions before this, please contact us.
Best wishes for a lovely weekend,
- School Milk - Parents can register for their child to receive a daily carton of chilled milk at a small cost from an external provider, Cool Milk. Milk is free for all under-5s and for children in receipt of free school meals. Registration at www.coolmilk.com is essential.
- Headteacher's Drop-In Sessions - we are reinstating the Headteacher’s Drop-In Sessions, fortnightly on Fridays, starting on Friday 17th September. This will provide opportunities for parents to see Mrs Elliott without an appointment for a brief chat.
- SW Surrey Families Magazine - a publication filled with ideas and news of activities for families during September and October. Please click on the picture to see more.
- Catering Vacancies - our school caterer Twelve15, is advertising a number of vacancies, both permanent and bank positions. Please click here to find out more.
- Virtual Class Meetings - virtual class meetings will take place on Microsoft Teams at 4pm on the following dates;
Monday 13th September - Y6
Tuesday 14th September - Y4 and Y5
Wednesday 15th September - Y1Videos of the meetings will be available later online.
- Please remember; if your child or a member of your family have Covid-19 symptoms please do not send your child to school - Please immediately arrange a test for the symptomatic member of your family and inform the school office as soon as possible. Your child and all members of your household will need to self-isolate at least until you receive the test result.
- NEW COVID-19 INFORMATION FROM PHE - In response to the transmission of variants of concern, Public Health England (PHE) South East, is advising all close contacts of COVID-19 cases to get a COVID-19 PCR test (ideally 5 days after exposure or day five of isolation) whether or not they have symptoms of coronavirus COVID-19
- Weekend Results: It is very important that you continue to notify us of Covid-19 test results still over the weekend by using the below email address which is monitored out of school hours.
A negative result will require a confirmation from the school before your child and siblings can return to school. Please do not send your child back to school until we have been in touch with you.
Letters this week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Whole school
PTA NewsPlease click on the link below to find out about activities planned for next week and the rest of the summer term.
Blog of the Week: Click on the picture below to see our blog about Penguins meeting their Year 6 buddies.
Click below to view all the latest News Blogs:
Dates for your diary
View the school calendar for the latest information
Please see latest from our advertising hub:
View this weeks school meals menu: