St James E-News
2nd September 2021
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest goings on at the school.
Latest Headteachers Blog
As always, it has been lovely to welcome the children back to school once again, but this year it feels even more poignant as we return to some of our old routines in school. Coming together as a school for assembly this afternoon was one such special moment, and we thought about how important it is to be welcoming to each other. We have planned a full calendar of events across the year, including our Christmas and end of year productions and we will share these with you as the year goes on.
In the next couple of weeks, the teachers will be holding virtual class meetings for parents so you can hear about the class routines, plans for the year and ask the teacher any questions. Details are in the school notices below.
Finally, if you ever need to chat informally to me or Mrs Jenkinson, then we will continue to carry out gate duties each morning and be on the playground at the end of the day. We are always happy to help where we can.
- School Dinners - we apologise to parents for the fact that the meals given to the children did not match the published menu today. This was beyond our control and has been taken up with the catering company providing the meals. Tomorrow's main meal will be a fish dish. Our usual menu will resume from Monday.
- Swimming - we hope to continue to use the swimming pool this month. Please ensure that your child has their swimming kit with them.
- SE Water Roadworks from Monday - We have been notified by South East Water of their planned roadworks due to start in September. Work is due to start on Milford Road, Elstead on Monday 6th September until Friday 10th December and will involve temporary traffic lights. Please take this into account when travelling to school at the beginning and end of the day to avoid delays. Further works are due to take place on Thursley Road in December from Monday 13th December.
- Virtual Class Meetings - virtual class meetings will take place on Microsoft Teams at 4pm on the following dates; Tuesday 7th September - Y2
Wednesday 8th September - Y3
Monday 13th September - Y6
Tuesday 14th September - Y4 and Y5
Wednesday 15th September - Y1
- Medication - Please remember to bring regular medication that your child may need during the school day to the school office and complete a Medication Given at School consent form if you haven't already done so or if any changes regarding dosage etc have occurred. The form is available on the Parents page of our website under Downloadable Forms.
- 100km ULTRA Challenge - Lee and Tracey (parents of Delilah in Penguins and Darcy in Kingfishers) are walking the 100km ULTRA Challenge from Eastbourne to Arundel Castle starting this Saturday, 4th September to raise funds for our school. Please donate to help them reach their target: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tracey-and-lee-100km
Please remember; if your child or a member of your family have Covid-19 symptoms please do not send your child to school - Please immediately arrange a test for the symptomatic member of your family and inform the school office as soon as possible. Your child and all members of your household will need to self-isolate at least until you receive the test result.
- NEW COVID-19 INFORMATION FROM PHE - In response to the transmission of variants of concern, Public Health England (PHE) South East, is advising all close contacts of COVID-19 cases to get a COVID-19 PCR test (ideally 5 days after exposure or day five of isolation) whether or not they have symptoms of coronavirus COVID-19
- Weekend Results: It is very important that you continue to notify us of Covid-19 test results still over the weekend by using the below email address which is monitored out of school hours.
A negative result will require a confirmation from the school before your child and siblings can return to school. Please do not send your child back to school until we have been in touch with you.
Letters this week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Whole school
PTA NewsPlease click on the link below to see the most recent PTA News.
Click below to view all the latest News Blogs:
Dates for your diary
View the school calendar for the latest information
Please see latest from our advertising hub:
View this weeks school meals menu: