St James E-News
15th September 2023
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest news and events at the school.
- Arrangements for morning drop off - the school day begins at 8.55 am. Both school gates open at 8.45am and the main gate closes promptly at 8.55am. Please encourage your child to come into school on their own. If you have any queries, please go to the school office once your child has gone into school. The West Hill gate at the rear of the school remains open until 9.05am to allow parents of Little Ducks to leave after the main gate closes at 8.55am.
- Summer Reading Challenge at Godalming Library - Godalming Library have enjoyed seeing all of the children come in to sign up and tell them about the books they have been reading over the summer holidays. So far, they have had over 600 children register and over 200 children finish the challenge. Please remember that they still have time to go to the library and tell them about the books that they have been reading as the challenge finishes on Saturday 23rd September. If they have been able to read 6 books over the holidays, they will receive a medal and certificate to show that they have completed the challenge. If they are not able to finish, they can still go and receive some prizes, as there are prizes for books for every book that they read.
- Individual School Photos - the school photos will be taken on Thursday 28th September. Please read the letter on the Parent Portal for more information.
- Congratulations Amber, Regional Champion! - Amber E (Year 5) with the rest of her team, rode in The Pony Club 70 Dressage Championships and won! There were 30 teams and 124 children competing in the class. She is competing at the Hickstead Nationals this week, we look forward to hearing how she does.
- Advertising Hub - We hope that you found our Advertising Hub useful over the summer holidays. Don't forget to look at the Hub on our website for information about upcoming events.
- Drop in sessions with our Home School Link Worker, Helen Owen - The role of the Home School Link Worker (HSLW) is to support families with a range of issues at home or at school. 1:1 sessions are available on Wednesdays. To book an appointment, email Helen on email@example.com or ring the school office to request a call back.
Letters This Week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Little Ducks
- Whole school
Please click on the link below to find out about activities planned for this term.
Blog of the Week: Click below to view all the latest News Blogs:
Dates For Your Diary
View the school calendar for the latest information
View this week's school menu
School Policy on Granting Leave of Absence
Please see latest from our advertising hub: