St James E-News
24th June 2021
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest goings on at the school.
Latest Headteachers Blog
As we approach the end of the academic year, we are beginning to arrange some of the fun events that usually take place at this time of year, albeit within Covid-19 restrictions.
Parents of children in Eagles have a letter detailing events planned for their children prior to leaving St James Primary and moving on to their next adventure at secondary school.
We are holding a whole-school event tomorrow, an African Dance Workshop, that was originally planned for the summer term last year. We are grateful to the PTA who are funding this event for your children.
Best wishes for a lovely weekend,
- INSET Days - All 5 INSET days for the next academic year are now available on our website. Please follow the link to Term Dates to view them.
- Parking - please remember to be considerate of the residents living near our school when dropping off and collecting your children. Please do not obstruct driveways or park closely to junctions. Please also do not exceed the 30mph speed limit.
- Housing Needs Survey for Employers in Waverley - If you run or own a business/organisation in the borough, Waverley Borough Council would like to hear your views on local housing need. We have been told that businesses are finding it difficult to recruit staff, because high house prices mean people employed in certain job roles cannot afford to live here. This not only affects the success of individual businesses but also has an impact on the economic and social wellbeing of the Borough. Please complete our survey to tell us what your staff require. This will help us plan for the future. The survey only takes a couple of minutes. It will close on 2 July and we will publish the results in a future newsletter. You can complete the survey here . Thank you for your help in this.
- Please continue to follow the Government advice not to send your child to school if they are unwell, including if they have a cold. Please ensure that your contact details are kept up to date, if your child is unwell at school we will need you to collect them promptly.
- Please remember; if your child or a member of your family have Covid-19 symptoms please do not send your child to school - Please immediately arrange a test for the symptomatic member of your family and inform the school office as soon as possible. Your child and all members of your household will need to self-isolate at least until you receive the test result.
- NEW COVID-19 INFORMATION FROM PHE - In response to the transmission of variants of concern, Public Health England (PHE) South East, is advising all close contacts of COVID-19 cases to get a COVID-19 PCR test (ideally 5 days after exposure or day five of isolation) whether or not they have symptoms of coronavirus COVID-19
- Weekend Results: It is very important that you continue to notify us of Covid-19 test results still over the weekend by using the below email address which is monitored out of school hours.
A negative result will require a confirmation from the school before your child and siblings can return to school. Please do not send your child back to school until we have been in touch with you.
Letters this week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Whole school
PTA NewsPlease click on the link below to find out about activities planned for next week and the rest of the summer term.
Click below to view all the latest News Blogs:
Dates for your diary
View the school calendar for the latest information
Please see latest from our advertising hub:
View this weeks school meals menu: